About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
An inquisitive soul in search of every reason to smile on a daily basis. At times a true wanderer. I travel this journey with my beautiful wife Jessica; I love everything from rain to rainbows ; sunrise to sunsets; downward dog to plank. :) I seek natural wellness and healing through music; yoga; meditation; aromatherapy a good book, a creative wardrobe, and art. The exchange of uplifting words and actions is invaluable. We are beyond the beauty we see, the decisions we make and the laughter we share. Ohm~

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Peace

There's this strange feeling flowing through me right this moment...
Its not old; not new; not unknown
But everytime is different...
Peace....
Of mind; of body, of soul....
At peace with myself, At peace with my world... 
Its interesting how you can be broken into pieces one day...
And the next is like an opportunity for renewal.. do you take advantage of this blessing?

Last nights experience at Yoga To The People was amazingg... Its busy, its hectic and its chaotic while everyone is leaving class/ preparing for the new one... There's a collision of energy,, the jittery one coming in and the calm one getting out...
Its almost like leaving a cave after years of being in silence and darkness and being exposed to 
Times Square's alive, awakened, almost Manic energy. But the thing is when you are so at peace;
Its hard to even feel affected by the chaos that surrounds you. And that's exactly how I felt,, and still feel this wonderful Thursday morning,
Like i found a balance i was lacking all week.

Im grateful for the phone calls from my mom asking how Im feeling; Im grateful for my mother-in-laws emails telling me she misses us... Im grateful for the delicious dinner my wife made me; Im grateful for the warmth she has found in her North Face ;)
 Im grateful for the way she feels safe in my arms and falls silently asleep knowing nothing bad can ever come of this Peace we feel around each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment