About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
An inquisitive soul in search of every reason to smile on a daily basis. At times a true wanderer. I travel this journey with my beautiful wife Jessica; I love everything from rain to rainbows ; sunrise to sunsets; downward dog to plank. :) I seek natural wellness and healing through music; yoga; meditation; aromatherapy a good book, a creative wardrobe, and art. The exchange of uplifting words and actions is invaluable. We are beyond the beauty we see, the decisions we make and the laughter we share. Ohm~

Monday, December 20, 2010

All Things Wonderful



Its a short week!! three more days of work and then 3 wonderful days of fun and relaxation for the holiday weekend... Can't hardly wait!
Tonight I'm working on setting up a nice workout routine for baby... some power yoga moves followed by a little resistance training. I hope this doesn't turn ugly! She gets defensive when I'm telling her what to do and pushing her a little over her limit.. I just hope I don't end up with a black eye lmao.

This past weekend was spent visiting my family... and in a short visit I learned so much...
first about honesty,,, second about the value of open communication. And i feel so grateful to have that with my partner. My brother and his wife of 10 yrs are divorcing (by his choice).. because he is unhappy...
and now recently began seeing someone new.. who makes him all giggly and high schoolish....

And everyone is pretty upset with him...  because I guess they feel eventhough he isnt happy or in love anymore; that you should do whatever it takes to make your marriage work.. I dont quite agree... Yes; U take vows... and YES you should try to make things work.. but when there is no more trying left... then what?
Just stay to avoid hurting the other person??... I think that hurts more.
The one place where I think he went a little wrong was in not telling her earlier  just how unhappy he was...
He was not HONEST about the transitions/change of heart he was going through... so how could she have known what to do to try and better the situation, if anything?

Its heartbreaking to watch two ppl you've only known together now lead separate lives; and its scary as a newlywed to see that so many marriages fail after a few yrs.. die out, bore.. whatever the reasons behind it... 
But I guess in life; as in love, the one thing u have full control over is being open, honest and clear about what it is you want... expect.. hope for... are happy with... And I think in order to make sure both partners are getting what they desire; they need to verbalize it.. No one is PERFECT; nor PSYCHIC,,, and no two ppl ever love the same. So speak up! Its not easy.. and  It may cause some discomfort now; BUT it can save you tons of heartbreak later...

No comments:

Post a Comment