About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
An inquisitive soul in search of every reason to smile on a daily basis. At times a true wanderer. I travel this journey with my beautiful wife Jessica; I love everything from rain to rainbows ; sunrise to sunsets; downward dog to plank. :) I seek natural wellness and healing through music; yoga; meditation; aromatherapy a good book, a creative wardrobe, and art. The exchange of uplifting words and actions is invaluable. We are beyond the beauty we see, the decisions we make and the laughter we share. Ohm~

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Contemplations; Stimulations

The Apt is looking beautiful... still messy, but beautiful. I cant seem to find the energy to finish unpacking the last three boxes; to sort thru books.. to put our bookshelves up on the wall... No time is a good time for it. All I think about after work on days when we are not going to Bikram (which has gotten a lot easier =]) is cuddling up in bed with my love and just doing nothing but be in each others arms. Oh sweet bliss. 

This week a new task has risen in our minds bodies and souls. We took a 30 day Vegan pledge with Peta.org after watching some horryfying videos and doing some conscious reading and rationalizing. Ive always tried going vegetarian... and because of the comfort of cooking what i know.. and the fear of burning the unknown; i seldom try new meals///
But now its time to stop making excuses... because simply,,, i feel sick thinking about animal torture and how easily we put a knife to a pig, cow and chicken's head... as if they weren't deserving of the life they too were given. Ugh... 25 yrs of selfish behavior all coming up in one night... 


This morning; my very first Vegan Bfast: Tofu Cream cheese with a toasted whole wheat bagel... Deliciously light, filling and heart smilingly healthy, with one chicken spared when i skipped my usual egg bfasts =] 


This will be a challenge... Especially two days before gobble gobble time. Its hard to explain  your resolutions to ppl when so many of them either don't get it; or their ignorance makes them want to just insult you for doing something you feel strongly about... But i don't live for them; nor to justify my life to anyone... So happy me.. bothered u.. too bad! lets see what adventures we discover down this path of green, unprocessed pastures.

No comments:

Post a Comment