About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
An inquisitive soul in search of every reason to smile on a daily basis. At times a true wanderer. I travel this journey with my beautiful wife Jessica; I love everything from rain to rainbows ; sunrise to sunsets; downward dog to plank. :) I seek natural wellness and healing through music; yoga; meditation; aromatherapy a good book, a creative wardrobe, and art. The exchange of uplifting words and actions is invaluable. We are beyond the beauty we see, the decisions we make and the laughter we share. Ohm~

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

In Desperate Need

Of a Vacation; Not to a sunny; Beachy; eco friendly place...
More in need of a mental vacation... A day of meditation and relaxation; where I can allow everything that's been clogging my mind to pass through;; I can say Oh hey! and then they can leave!!! I gave you attention you bothersome little thoughts... so now you can go in peace...and leave me alooooooooone!

Ahhh what sweet bliss that would be! I think thats why I so desperately love Bikram... Im so hot and bothered and focused; that its the one time my mind is blank from anything other than: Inhale: Exhale: Pull, pull, pull further: Come back to start~ :o)

I want to immerse myself in a daily practice; and everytime I try; Something goes wrong... Its like my Mom says: "The Devil doesn't want us to to do what brings us peace... He is always lurking in the corners plotting how to ruin that smile, those goals, that happiness...  " Gives whole new meaning to misery loving company...
But who are you, Devil? Are you all those little negative thoughts running through my head? Are you the blank my mind went when we missed our stop after getting up at 5 am to make it to yoga, and were too late; so went to work only to spend a day exhausted from a non-accomplished morning?
Are you the one who accidentally hit cancel instead of snooze on my alarm this morning when we attempted to do this again?
Are you the soreness in my every muscle? Who hurts with each step? Are you the snow falling who paralyzes all things, events, plans, transport? Whoever/Whatever you are; I'm on a mission to defeat you and your discouragement.... Why do you think the Sun is shining right now? B/C Im making it to my mental vacation tonight; even if you bring about darkness again.
Consider yourself warned!






No comments:

Post a Comment